Day 8 Florence Recovery

Submitted by atalaya on Sun, 09/23/2018 - 09:39

While on standby waiting for the arrival of the re-build drives we continue to work throughout the building, and grounds with trimming palms, bringing plants down from up in the building, and painting. We had pest control this weekend and it turned out well because, no one was here on the lower half of the building, so every unit on the lower half got treated.

We hope to hear something from the asphalt company on their schedule for possibly re-sealing the lot across the street for when the drain project is in motion we can use that lot across the street for parking. 

Day 7 Florence Recovery

Submitted by atalaya on Sat, 09/22/2018 - 10:50

Friday went as hoped for with elevator factory working on the dive re-builds in continued hope to test and send back by mid-week. We also had the swing stage in operation to assist getting FSA up in the building to get un-needed equipment to go onto other jobs. There are still fans and dehumidifiers in about a dozen units in the building, but are scheduled to be removed Monday.

Day 6 Recovery Florence

Submitted by atalaya on Fri, 09/21/2018 - 09:41

We heard from elevator company yesterday confirming that the drives were blown out due to power surge. They are hoping to begin the re-building of the drives today in hopes of being able to have them back at Atalaya with technicians to install by mid to late next week. If all goes well and testing of the cars are successful the 29th would be the best case scenario. Keep in mind these drives are blown, but we won't know if that is all of the problem until they get re-installed, then the rest of the equipment can be tested. Please refer to this site every day.

Day 5 Recovery Florence

Submitted by atalaya on Thu, 09/20/2018 - 09:56

FSA continues throughout the building on foot going back to equipment areas to check for any moisture, and if all is dry moving equipment to other affected areas. They are always accompanied with a staff member.

We should hear something from the elevator company today on the prognosis and lead time for the return of the drive boards. 

We have members of both Board of Directors here supporting with any assistance needed for a combined effort to effectively address any multiple of issues.

Day 4 Post Storm Florence

Submitted by atalaya on Wed, 09/19/2018 - 09:50

The elevator techs were here to dismantle the drive boards of both cars carrying them down the stairwell and on a plane to Dallas where they will be re-built. We are hoping that this will cure the issue, because they can't fully evaluate the rest of the potential problems without these boards. So we still don't have a clear diagnosis for which sending the boards to the factory is needed. The techs here can only trouble shoot to a point.

Day 3 Post Storm Florence

Submitted by atalaya on Tue, 09/18/2018 - 09:37

Yesterday found us with a major set-back. After having a good feeling about sustaining minimal damage after expecting the absolute worst our only elevator went down. This was a result of the tail end of Florence that brought a enormous amount of lightning and rain with higher winds than expected the night before. The elevator company came out and spent almost the entire day trouble shooting the issues, and at the end of the day found that both drives of the cars were burned out.

Day 2 Post Storm Florence

Submitted by atalaya on Mon, 09/17/2018 - 09:42

FSA was here all day yesterday while the winds were still sustaining at 30 mph. They were able to get through the entire building assessing our findings from the day before. They pulled back carpeting, cut out soaked padding,  installed fans and dehumidifiers. We were able to get one elevator running for them to get up into the building, but until elevator company can get here to inspect we don't feel it is safe for use other than contractors. The elevator company was going to try to come out yesterday, but due to high tornado risk decided not.

Post Storm Florence

Submitted by atalaya on Sun, 09/16/2018 - 09:35

Today the last of Florence will be leaving us as winds diminish, but possibly not enough to activate elevators. The wind in the shafts can adversely effect the cars causing them to lock down. We plan on FSA being here to begin the post storm addressing of minor water intrusion found as a result of yesterdays walk through units from and including the 8th floor to 17. Mostly wet carpeting of which will need to be extracted, pulled back and padding removed, then high powered floor fans directed at wet areas. Also dehumidifiers will be placed to remove excess moisture.

Day 2 of Tropical Storm Florence

Submitted by atalaya on Sat, 09/15/2018 - 11:47

Yesterday resulted in the ground floor of the Resort staying dry. The winds came out of the west keeping ocean waters in check. The first high tide did not make it to the rocks due to the winds keeping the water away. Today is forecasted for winds to come out of the east during the next two high tides, but hopefully with winds being less than yesterday will result in a low high tide.